Wednesday 22 January 2014

Elizabeth's Photoshop Art

This is my best friend. I met her when we moved here, and she's been a blessing to have around. She is always willing to provide me with stock photos of herself, and is thus the subject of many of my projects. In this picture, I played with the lighting and contrast, as well as enhance the color of her irises.

This is one of myself. Here, I found a few pictures of skull fragments and placed them on my face; I then recolored my eyes and the gave the entire photo a metallic coloring.

 This is me, last year. This is one of my first Photoshop endeavors. I just did a little retouching before brightening my eyes and applying one of my favorite filters and a cross sketch texture.
 This was the result of a rainy Auckland day. I experimented with a little bit of camera flare here, as well as a sepia photo filter.

This took about an hour of tutorial following, and I am quite pleased with the result. This model was a free stock photo, as was the flame I used. I employed the glowing edges feature that Photoshop has, a rarely used but exciting tool. I warped the flame picture (many copies of it) to match the model's hair and used a small scatter brush to create cinders.

I enjoy learning and experimenting in Photoshop, and am always accumulating new methods of achieving the same and often better results. Being able to create my own digital works of art is a gratifying skill, and is made easier by the employment of a Wacom graphics tablet, which I always keep near the computer. To any interested, I strongly advise picking this up as a fun and often useful hobby.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just curious, is Chewy on his way to save a damsel in distress or a Birthday Party :)

    ReplyDelete